Thursday, August 18, 2011

Kyary Pamyu Pamyu ~ Taking over the world?


I would like to think so!

I'm sure many of you have heard of her by now, A high-school aged fashion blogger/model who recently (just two days ago) released her first album, "Moshi Moshi Harajuku", featuring her already hit song PONPONON. Ever since PONPONPON came out, I've been seeing her everywhere! When I first heard of her through tumblr, I had seen a few of her famous hengao (funny faces) around and was excited to know she was going to be produced by Yasutaka Nakata (producer of Capsule, Perfume, Meg, and a few others). I'm not exaggerating when I tell you that a good 70% if not more of my iTunes library consists of songs he produced xD. There was a 45 second preview of the song PONPONPON released when I heard of her, and when I listened to it, I have to be honest, it didn't grab me completely. However~ maybe a week or so later, 30 seconds of the music video was posted to youtube. I have to say, the music video can grab just about anyone's attention xD. Within hours I had the silly ponponwayway dance memorized and the song was impossible to get out of my head! Not that I'm complaining about it x) ~

For those who haven't seen it before, and those who like to stop everything to watch it whenever you see it posted (I can't be the only one right??), here you go~


Definitely a lot to take in, a lot to be confused by, and a lot to love! I'd be lying to you if I said I haven't seen it at least 50 times by now xD

Anyways, this is definitely the kind of song that grows on you. After familiarizing myself with the lyrics (click here for a lots of hengao and a great translation!), I couldn't help but start to obsess ;u;. I've found it stuck in my head more and more, and so ~ I decided to go ahead and record a song cover of it for fun xD. I mean, why not? I've always wanted to do one haha. I'll warn you before you click that I'm sounding pretty derptastic at parts. But it was fun! I think I might even do more hahaha.


The rest of the album is pretty great too! I really enjoy her image, music, and style, so I plan on supporting her!

So that's my mild obsession with Kyary Pamyu Pamyu! What do you guys think of her ;u;?

Thanks for taking a look~!

17 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore her!! I've been trying to find tutorials on her adorable buns I see her wear a lot but can't find any, so I've taken it upon myself to try and figure them out because they are way too cute :3 Her style is sooooo amazing.

    Oh and I've had "PonPonPon" stuck in my head for days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the song, I have listened to it allot of times, and I don't get tired of it. But I can't stand the video... it's just too much wired and disturbing things happening :S

    I will totally check out her new album, but I will try to stay away from her videos :S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I think I saw one once!! I haven't tried it because I think my hairs too short, but I think it has to do with twisting your hair and wrapping it around. maybe xD. If you figure it out I would love to see a tutorial!

    & a ponponwaywaywayponponwayponwayponpon for good measure ;u;!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so going to be stuck in my head all day...lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also god job on the cover! It takes a lot of guts to do something like that and you did a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Stephanie ~ Hahaha apparently it's stuck in my moms head too xD she came home singing it xD. And thank you very much ;A;!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Churi Chan ~ sorry I didn't see your comment! ;A;! But I can understand that xD It is a really weird video, I find it sort of endearing like that though ;u;!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE LOVE LOVE! It's an obsession of mine haha your cover is awesome! ^__^ where did you get the lyrics?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much! ;v;! The lyrics are linked along with the hengao and translations above ;u;~!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm gonna have to listen to your cover when I get back from school since I'm already running late TTwTT Curse you blogger for keeping me occupied. But even though the song and video confuses me as hell, there's something... There's something weird about it except the obvious that's pulling me in.. No..NOOO I CAN'T STOP SINGING!!! DX

    ReplyDelete
  11. HAHAHA! my mom had the same reaction ;v; I'll catch her humming it around the house now, and whenever she realizes she'll blame me for getting it stuck in her head xD

    ReplyDelete
  12. ahh I can't stop listening! So addicting! ponponpon

    ReplyDelete
  13. Isn't it just waywayway too addicting? :D?

    ReplyDelete
  14. maybe you'll like this:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyG6v2KmqvU&feature=youtu.be

    :3

    ReplyDelete
  15. honestly, I like your cover better than the original C:

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh my goodness thank you!! ;A;! thats so sweet to say!

    ReplyDelete