Tuesday, February 21, 2012

☆Creamy Mami Furniture☆


Hi everyone! Sorry I didn't have this up yesterday ;u;. I had a four day weekend from school, and I wasn't able to take pictures when I finished on Thursday for a weekend blog post! I took pictures at school today though, so I can finally post about this! From the beginning of the semester, my crafts class has been working on furniture reconstruction ;v;. I've always wanted a little table for my room, but they're super hard to find! We've had a really beat up and ugly small wooden table ever since I could remember, so I decided to refurbish that. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to take photos before I started since this was assigned before I got my camera, but I took a bunch of progress shots ;v;. I finally finished it on Thursday! I'm not too sure when I'll be able to take it home, but I'm super happy with it and can't wait to~!

I decided pretty early on that I wanted to do a print based on the 80's magical girl anime series Creamy Mami mainly because of my obsession with Galaxxxy & Creamy Mami's collaboration items, and my love of Creamy Mami ( I have a small blurb on it at the end of this post~) in general. Plus those transformation items are super cute!

They took a really long time to draw perfectly and then cut out, especially because my reference was this button that I had made earlier! the details are all so tiny.


You can hardly see, but next I had to use the paper stencils to draw the print all over the table. There wasn't any method to this, I just placed things where they looked good to me~


And then all the painting! The reason I haven't been taking many outfit shots through February is because I've been painting all the time at school, so I've been wearing lazy day clothes all month ahahaha! It was a ton of fun though



I took these after I was done painting everything! I only had to do small touch ups and outline it after this~



And done!



It's not perfect, but I'm super in love with it! I'm actually planning on doing the small bookcase in my room to match sometime this summer, since a matching set would be super cool! I can't wait to be able to use it in my room either hehehe~

☆Thanks for looking☆!


16 comments:

  1. WOOOOW, its really awesome!
    You just inspire me! I want one in my room ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! The hardest part was sanding it down, so if you've got time, you should customize some furniture too!

      Delete
  2. That's so cool that you did that and that you're parents are chill with you painting your furniture! My parents would probably get mad at me. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's been in our garage collecting dust so they didn't mind much at all ;v;. Plus it was a grade so they had to! muahahaha

      Delete
  3. Please come decorate my furniture okay? <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as I can live in your closet and we can watch magical girl anime together *v*

      Delete
  4. This is so cool! I love Creamy Mami <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I really am in love with it! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so wonderful ;3;
    Such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete